About North Carolina Sports Assocation
The North Carolina Sports Association, Inc. is a non-profit corporation whose purpose is to grow, promote and enhance the general welfare of the sports industry in North Carolina. NCSA brings together sports and hospitality industry representatives who devote time, energy and resources to the development of sports tourism and related industries for the state of North Carolina. NCSA’s primary goal is the growth and enhancement of the sports economy of the State of North Carolina and its local communities.
The NCSA exists to help you explore North Carolina to find the perfect community to host your next successful sports event!
What We Do
The North Carolina Sports Association consists of Convention & Visitors Bureaus, Sport Commissions, Park & Recreation Departments, Sports Facility Operators and more. NCSA’s main mission is to support member organizations in promoting and facilitating economic development via sports tourism in North Carolina. Our membership benefits include:
- Participate in designated tradeshows at a shared cost
- Lead Sharing from large industry tradeshows like TEAMS (Travel, Event & Management in Sports) and Connect Sports Marketplace.
- Event RFP sharing
- Promotion of your city and venues through website and social media channels
- Complimentary participation in NCSA Membership meetings, which include benchmarking and best practice discussions, networking opportunities, shared event information resources and presentations by event rights holders
- NCSA email updates (including state of the industry and association updates)
Our Leadership Team
- Bonny Bernat, Current Chair (Visit Winston-Salem)
- Demp Bradford, Vice Chair (Asheville Buncombe Regional Sports Commission)
- Leah Mitcham, Treasurer (Visit Mooresville)
- Michael Applegate, Secretary (Gaston County Travel & Tourism)